Fruity Spring Rolls
This dish is a great appetizer and side dish that can be included with nearly every meal. These spring rolls can also be a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen and can offer a variety of different ingredients that can be used when preparing this food.
Large bowl with warm water, knife, cutting board, small and large mixing bowls, measuring cups, measuring spoons
Total Time: 15-20 min. Hands on Time: 10-15 min.
- Makes 6 Spring Rolls.
1 cup Strawberries, thinly sliced
2 Kiwi, thinly sliced
1 Mango, diced
2 Peaches, diced
½ cup Blueberries
½ cup Raspberries
1 Dragon Fruit
Fresh mint leaves
6 spring roll wrappers
Strawberry Dipping Sauce:
1.5 cups Strawberries, diced
1 Passion Fruit, diced
Zest and Juice from 1 Lemon
2 tsp Honey
- Prepare all fruit and organize into piles on your cutting board(s).
- Chop mint leaves, set aside
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Working one at a time, take a piece of rice paper and place in the bowl and let it sit for 15-20 seconds or until it becomes soft.
- Lay out the rice paper on your cutting board and, in the middle of the rice paper, fill with prepared fruits, top with a sprinkle of mint.
- Fold rice paper like you would fold a burrito, and put on a plate!
For the Sauce:
Combine the strawberries, passion fruit, lemon juice and zest, and honey in a bowl and use the immersion blender to blend until smooth