Beets and Sweets Heart-Shaped Chips
Adapted from Nourishing Balance (www.nourishingbalance.com)
Servings: 4 (or more as ¼ cup samples)
3 beets, rinsed, scrubbed, do not peel or pierce
1 sweet potato, rinsed, scrubbed, do not peel
2 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice beets and sweet potato thinly using the slicing blade of a food processor, mandolin, or sharp knife. They should be the thickness of a thick potato chip. Cut them as consistently as possible.
- Cut sliced rounds with metal heart-shaped (or whatever you prefer) cookie cutter.
- On cookie sheet, toss chips with olive oil and salt.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet.
- Roast 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until crisp. Check often to make sure they don’t burn.
- Use toothpicks or small cups to serve.