Apple and Cheese Crostini
Yields: 12-15 Crostini
Introduction: Are you looking for a fun and quick snack to whip up in that awkward time before dinner? Grab your kiddos and have them help make this fast and delicious appetizer that will keep everyone satisfied until dinner!
- Cutting Board
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Baguette
- Butter (or Olive Oil)
- 6 oz Brie (or preferred cheese)
- 2 Montana grown apples, room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Cut your baguette into ½-1 inch slices and lay them out on the baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of butter (or drizzle with olive oil) on each slice.
- Slice or crumble your cheese thinly and and place 1-2 slices on top of each baguette piece
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the brie is melted.
- While the crostini is in the oven, cut the apples into thin slices
- Remove the crostini from the oven and top with apple slices and drizzle with honey. Serve warm.
- OPTIONAL: Toast ½ cup pecans at the same time as the crostinis, chop them up and sprinkle on after the honey so they stick