Total Time: 35 min.
Hands on Time: 5 min.
This recipe is a delicious and crunchy snack. You can use whatever spice blend you prefer. Chickpeas are a powerhouse nutrient, delivering protein, fiber, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, and more!
Serving Size: 4 servings
1 cup dry chickpeas (or 1 cup canned) 1 tsp live oil
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp cumin
1⁄8 tsp red pepper flakes
1⁄4 tsp paprika
- Preparing dry chickpeas: Place chickpeas in a pot and cover with water (about double the amount of water). Place a lid on the pot and let soak overnight. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, put them back in the pot and cover with water. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer over low heat for 1.5-2 hours or until chickpeas are soft.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dry chickpeas using a kitchen towel/paper towel and spread in an even layer on your baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While chickpeas are cooking, assemble spices in a bowl and mix together.
- Pull the chickpeas out of the oven. Sprinkle with olive oil and spices, mix together and put back in the oven for 15 minutes or until chickpeas turn golden brown.
- Let the chickpeas cool completely for maximum crunch. Enjoy on their own or use them as a crunchy addition to salads or slaws!