Gallatin Valley Farm to School is recruiting a new board member to fill the role of Board Treasurer. Serving on the GVF2S Board is an extraordinary opportunity for those looking to make a positive impact on children’s health and the future of the agricultural landscape in the Gallatin Valley.
GVF2S is a Bozeman based nonprofit that cultivates healthy kids, vibrant farms and strong communities through meaningful nutrition and agriculture education, and integration of local, farm-fresh food in school meals.
The Board of Directors is comprised of community leaders dedicated to the organization’s vision who act as advocates and ambassadors for GVF2S. Board members are fully engaged in identifying and securing the resources and partnerships necessary for GVF2S to continue to grow and thrive.
Specific Treasurer Responsibilities
The treasurer shall:
- provide primary board oversight of the financial condition and affairs of the organization and keep the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health
- translate financial information and financial concepts for the board and present financials at quarterly board meetings
- ensure financial transparency, accountability and strong internal controls across the organization, and set financial management policies and procedures with the Executive Director
- act as chair of the GVF2S Board Finance Committee
- oversee budget preparation and ensure that budget priorities and decisions reflect the intentions and objectives of the board
- act as point of contact for the review and approval of the Form 990
- commitment to the core values, purpose, and vision of GVF2S
- the capacity to think and work strategically, and communicate effectively
- strong background in financial accounting
- able to serve on the GVF2S Board for a two-year term
- experience serving on a nonprofit board and strong comprehension of fiduciary responsibility of nonprofit boards
- experience with nonprofit financial accounting and IRS regulation of 501c3 organizations
- S. Certified Public Accountant
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please complete an application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply immediately. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This volunteer board term begins immediately upon board approval. Terms are renewed with board approval.
For more information please contact Board Recruitment Chair, Barb Pierre, at email@example.com.